Thursday, January 3, 2019

Kids Fashion with a Modern Edge

I like to describe my vision as "kids fashion with a modern edge ." To me this means I still want them to be kids. They wont wear something, and be lovely as usual, if they are uncomfortable. When the tall gladiator sandals were on every kids Pinterest photo you would find, I could not wait to get a pair for Aria. I even found some Michael Kors gems on sale at Dillards. Two seconds after putting them on she wanted them off. A three year old is not going to want to run around all day with faux leather straps up to her knees. Also, for as long as we can get away with it I am always going to embrace the whimsical. As a 32 year old I can't exactly show up for a meeting at work with a cat ear head band and a hot pink tutu, but my five year old can and look fierce while doing it. I might pair it with a solid tee and leather jacket to add that modern edge I hold onto, but she will still look and feel age appropriate. I remember when I was pregnant for the first time, and I found out it was a girl. I WENT NUTS. She had two closets FULL of clothes before she was even here. She had one dedicated to purely tutus, purses, jewelry, and every other ridiculous accessory I had been drooling over. She had more high end, name brand designer pieces than I ever had. I was certain this girl had everything her little fashion heart could ever need. What didn't she have....basics. Reality set in and I soon realized I had a room full of things that were not practical and I found myself putting the same things on her over and over again because I kept waiting for something special to bust out the good stuff. Let's pause for a moment. Do. Not. Get. Me. Wrong. I love my designers. I went to design school. I have studied my favorite's work and what goes into making quality pieces. I have respect for the art and an understanding of why it matters beyond vanity reasons. On the other hand, with experience I have learned how to have those special pieces and be able to pair them with practical things, basics, staples, and make them work for everyday. 
Lets take today for example. Old Navy and Gap are having HUGE new years specials. These are two of my favorite places to shop for basics for the girls (who am I kidding, myself as well). I spent right at $100 and I was able to snag 21 pieces ranging from basic leggings and layering tees, to a few fun items like a grey moto jacket. If you check them out right now they have hundreds of markdowns, plus an additional 20% off. Then add the code "D1F38PG8JJ3" and you can take an additional 20% off that! After I completed my transaction I got a code for $50 in "Super Cash". This means from February 2-10 I can spend $125 and take $50 off! I always try to take advantage of these sales to ensure we get the best deal on those much needed basic pieces. Also, have a baby shower coming up?! Get that naive, head in the clouds mom a basket full of basics. You might not get the same "ooohs" and "awwwws" her aunt got that bought her baby Burberry shoes, but that mom will be thinking of you when she puts on the pieces you got her for the third time that week. 








SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Your girls always look amazing! As do you. Can't wait to read your amazing tips, tricks, and see more photos of your beautiful girls. I don't read many blogs, but was definitely curious about yours. With just your first entry, my interest was definitely grabbed within the first few sentences. Before I knew it, I had finished reading it and it left me wanting more! You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet!! Your support means the world!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig